Everyone loves money, and the creators of the YouTube channel are no exception. Why not make money on video embedded ads? For users of computers and mobile devices, developers have created a wonderful AdBlock application. But there are no free programs for the YouTube service in Android. After all, decisions that turn off ads on YouTube, but advertise something themselves, cannot be called correct. How to disable advertising on YouTube on a TV is an urgent issue for all owners of TVs with built-in Smart TV.
Desire, the ability to use a remote control and patience are a set of requirements for a user who decides to end advertising on YouTube. The fact is that the settings made to the TV are not applied instantly. From “memory”, the TV can pull up old data and show blocked ads for 1-4 hours in the video viewing mode on YouTube.
How to disable YouTube ads on TV
On the remote control, in any TV mode, press the “Settings” / “Settings” button. In the control panel that opens, perform the following algorithm of actions:
- Find the tab “General Settings” and go to it.
- Find the “network” menu and go to it.
- Select "network status".
- Wait until the Internet connection is verified and select the “IP Settings” menu.
- Place the cursor on the “DNS Settings” tab and change the checkbox from “Receive automatically” to “Enter manually”.
- Click on the “DNS Server” field that appears below and enter the IP address: 184.108.40.206 in the window that opens.
- Press the “OK” button, and leave the control panel using the “Return” button.
Having figured out how to turn off YouTube ads on TV, let's move on to the advantages and disadvantages. User actions write the Adguard server address on the TV. That is, the video will not go directly, but through the server of a third-party company. Adguard simply blocks ads. The advantage is obvious - there is no interruption to unnecessary video ads.
The flip side of this setting is a compromise of the user. Authorization on the YouTube channel transfers the password in encrypted form through a foreign server. Adguard sees user interests and maintains its own statistics. Here it is up to the user to decide which is more important - safety or comfortable watching videos on YouTube.