A DVR is a car device that can record video in real time. The electronic device is designed to protect the owner's car from illegal actions by other persons:
- Physical damage to vehicles during accidents on the road or in the parking lot;
- Hooligan actions with movable property;
- Illegal actions of civil or legal entities.
According to classics, the DVR is installed on the windshield. But, in view of all kinds of situations, car owners mount the device on the rear or side window.
Gazer F725 - car DVR
Technozon channel posted an interesting review of the new items. The consumer is offered to study in detail the characteristics and, in practice, see the capabilities of the equipment:
Author links at the bottom of the page. For our part, we offer detailed characteristics of the DVR, a brief overview, photos and reviews of real owners.
|Processor||1хARM11 (2 stream, 528 MHz)|
|ROM||MicroSD, up to 128 GB|
|Matrix||CMOS 1 / 3 ″|
|Shooting Resolution||1920 × 1080 dpi|
|Viewing angle||140 degrees|
|Camera rotation||Fixed lens, swivel mount|
|Video format (codec)||MP4 (H.264)|
|HDR support||yes WDR|
|Built-in GPS||No, optionally through an external module|
|Shock sensor||Yes (G-sensor)|
|Record activation||When you turn on the engine, power, G-sensor|
|Networking opportunities||Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n (manufacturer software required)|
|Autonomous work||Yes, there is a 400 mAh battery|
Gazer F725: review
The DVR comes in an oversized cardboard box. On the package there is a photograph of the product and brief technical specifications. When unpacking, it is found that the DVR and related components are in molded foam. Such storage is guaranteed to eliminate damage to the contents during tough transportation from the store to the buyer.
The kit contains the device itself, a power cable (3 meter), a windshield mount (3М), a car cigarette lighter charger (2 USB output) and very informative instructions. The only, one might say, drawback is the type of attachment to the glass. 3M double-sided tape is highly reliable, but does not allow repeated use.
Interesting and popular technologies
Gazer F725 DVR attracts attention not only with the picture quality during shooting. Functionality is what interests you first.
- OBD (On-board diagnostics). This is a computer diagnostic car. Having the appropriate function in transport, you can "make friends" cars with a DVR. And these are new opportunities for the owner, where the device will receive additional information about the car on the screen. Plus, adds the ability to work with navigation. It is a pity that the manufacturer does not provide for an OBD module in the kit, but offers to purchase it separately. On the other hand, Gazer F725 does not support all brands of cars, perhaps many buyers do not need to overpay for extra functionality.
- Mode HUD (Head-UP Display). When using the appropriate application, information from the DVR can be projected onto the windshield of the car. But here's the catch - it all works, with the OBD module. Vicious circle.
- ADAS (advanced driver-assistance systems). Real-time vehicle tracking tracking function. It includes 2 type tracking. FCWS (Forward Collision Warning System) and LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System). Function FCWS - monitors the distance to the front of a traveling car and, with a fast approach, gives an audio signal to the driver. Type parking sensors, only at long distances and speeds. Function LDWS - monitors the markings on the road and, when changing lanes, gives a sound signal. ADAS is interesting for drivers who are actively using cruise control.
Of the nice features, especially for Internet-active people, it is possible to note the ability to record video. In addition to cyclic dubbing of files, the device can save footage in the cloud service and publish it to social networks. True, you will need to install the software for the Gazer F725. Car DVR is more like a miniature computer with AI and convenient functionality.
Although there is no night mode in the device, but shooting in low light is decent. The manufacturer installed gorgeous enlightened glass optics with an aperture of F 1.8. And WDR technology ideally helps to cope with the noise that occurs when entering the tunnel, or in the bright light of the headlights of oncoming vehicles.